The JSW Law community was pleased to welcome Mr Brooks W. Daly, Deputy Secretary General and Principal Legal Counsel of the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), to its administrative campus in Taba today. He met with the faculty and staff of the law school and discussed the importance of arbitration and international law in legal education.
Established in 1899, the PCA is an administrative organization that coordinates international arbitration, commissions of enquiry, and conciliation between countries and between investors and countries. The PCA is headquartered in the Peace Palace in The Hague.
Later in his visit, Mr Daly delivered a seminar on arbitration and on the function of the PCA to the Judiciary, which was hosted at the High Court in Thimphu.