Dean Sangay Dorjee was the guest of honour at a ceremony recognizing the first elected student officers of JSW Law at the law school’s academic campus in Taba.
On 17 August, the 25 students in the law school’s opening class elected eight of their classmates to serve in various leadership roles. The students established those roles – as well as rules for student self-governance – in meetings throughout August.
The first group of officers are:
- (Ms) Kuenley Lhaden Gyaltshen and (Mr) Yeshi Nidup, Student Government Representatives
- (Mr) Tashi Norbu and (Ms) Tshering Dechen, Cultural Councilors
- (Mr) Leki Tshering and (Ms) Phuntsho Wangmo, Health Councilors
- (Ms) Ngawang Choden, Treasurer
- (Ms) Lekzin Pelden Lhamo, Class Councilor and representative to the Academic Council