JSW Law faculty, staff, and students traveled to the Punakha Dzongkhag (province) on Saturday to visit the historic Punakha Dzong. Constructed by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel in the 17th century, the Dzong served as the capital and seat of government of Bhutan until 1955.
They were accompanied by Aum Sonam Euden, the Associate Dean, and professors Michael Peil, Judith Stark, Mark Wojcik, and David Austin.
The students viewed the Cha Thrim, a pre-monarchial code of Bhutanese laws that is engraved in a large slate display outside the Dzong.
The students also took the opportunity to meet with monastic and government officials at the Dzong and to receive blessings for their studies.